Very high reading in South Bend, IN station this evening. Reason unknown. Station unresponsive to contact at this late hour. Since this same station has triggered the Alert system before, which Alerts may have been false, and because his current readings do not appear to be corroborated by nearby stations, we have disabled his station for the time being. Will report back when we know more.
UPDATE: RadNet issued the following statement this morning:
The alert level reading last evening appears to be a false alert from an equipment malfunction. Here is the station’s report: “out of control readings on the GeigerGraph screen from about 11:30pm local time that occurred while sleeping. My apologies to all. I have no idea what caused this. Shut down GeigerGraph and restarted. Readings from the Geiger were in the normal range (the Geiger operates on A/C). All cable connections are tight and not loose. Am speculating between the GFI and USB Adapter and some sort of voltage spikes. The uninterruptable power supply UPS had lost power and had died – a tripped GFI. I am not going to leave the system running while not at home until I can determine and fix the problem.”#Link
This high level of radiation is taking place in the exact same location where 60′ trees were recently snapped and earthquakes were recently felt by residents as described in this video.
Black Cat reads over 3500 for the same area. www.blackcatsystems.com/RadMap/map.html
Incoming search terms:
- DangerouslyhighradiationlevelsreportedinIndiana|PakalertPress (4)
- High Radiation Levels in Us (3)
- why is radiation readings high in evansville in (2)
- radiation alert levels (2)
- radiation from fukishima in indiana (2)
- high radiation level (2)
- high radiation in northern indiana (2)
- radiation levels in the u s (2)
- what is black level in radation considered to be (2)
- evansville indiana radiation level (2)