This is only a drill.
Black Hawk choppers soared into the skies in downtown Miami, Wednesday night. The joint military training exercise also involved local police.
In the shadow of the Adrienne Arsht Center, several police cruisers crossed Biscayne Boulevard, presumably as part of the drill. Police have blocked off traffic on Biscayne Boulevard, although this measure might be related to the Miami Heat game about to finish at the American Airlines Arena.
The exercises, which began Tuesday night, are being executed to meet requirements, which include upcoming overseas missions and ensuring their equipment is in good working order.
Miami residents up on the balconies overlooking downtown Miami have been making amateur videos and posting them on YouTube. Tuesday night one of these videos showed the military helicopters flying over 395, right by the Miami Herald Building.
Incoming search terms:
- Military training in Miami (19)
- martial law miami (17)
- military training miami (12)
- Miami martial law drill (12)
- miami military drill (11)
- military exercises in miami (10)
- miami military training (8)
- martial law drills (8)
- miami training exercise (5)
- military doing drills in neighborhood (1)